The competition, called „Napęd Nowej Ery”, which means „Fuel of the New Era”, has so far attracted 89 contestants in four categories:
- Car of the New Era
- Innovation of the New Era
- LPG installation of the New Era
- LPG station of the New Era
Its main goal of the Awards is to promote the best LPG industry practices. The Organizers of the competition want to break the stereotype of LPG as a relatively cheap and poor quality fuel. They hope that this exciting initiative will stimulate innovations in the Polish LPG market. The competition will also be seen as a promotion tool for companies who invest in the development of the Polish LPG market.
Up until the end of August 2012, all the contestants will compete to gain recognition for their products. Among them are eleven LPG-filling stations, that have passed the rigorous criteria demanded by the Jury of the Awards. The members of the Jury were appointed by the Organizers. They are the finest LPG experts in Poland, and include:
- Chairman of the Jury - Eng. D. Krzysztof Bajdor, PIMOT (Polish Automotive Industry Institute)
- Foreman of the category Car of the New Era - Piotr Szypulski, „Auto Świat”
- Foreman of the category LPG installation of the New Era - Adam Majerczyk, author of books on LPG
- Foreman of the category Innovation of the New Era - Sławomir Karpisz, ORLEN GAZ
- Foreman of the category LPG station of the New Era - Andrzej Olechowski, Polish LPG Association (POGP)
- Juror - Szymon Araszkiewicz, Information Market
- Juror - Wojciech Mackiewicz, gazeo.pl
- Juror - Juliusz Szalek, Moto.pl
- Juror - Zdzisław Pisiński, „Paliwa Płynne”
In each category five companies will be nominated for each award, and from these five the Jury will name one winner who will receive the award itself (Car of the New Era, Innovation of the New Era, LPG installation of the New Era, LPG station of the New Era) and a prize of delegate passes to the Global LP Gas Forum London 2013. The grand final will take place on the 17th of October.
In one of the categories - LPG station of the New Era – the public will decide, which of the eleven LPG-filling stations will enter the final five. During the three first weeks of voting over 1000 people voted on the website, there is still time to join them by clicking on www.napednowejery.pl/glosowanie, - simply choose one of the stations and vote.
- The category LPG station of the New Era is the closest I can think of for all LPG-car users. We need to reach as many of them as possible and make them understand, that ‘where’ they fuel up really matters. We want people to know, that by choosing only those filling stations with highest standards of services, they have an actual influence on the condition of the LPG market. - explains Andrzej Olechowski, Foreman of the category LPG station of the New Era, Director of the Polish LPG Association (POGP). – Everyone who appreciates best quality of customer service should vote and help us choose the Station of the New Era.
„ORLEN GAZ LPG AWARDS – Napęd Nowej Ery” are organized by ORLEN GAZ and e-petrol.pl.
The partners of the competition are WLPGA, POGP (Polish LPG Association), PIPP (Polish Chamber of Liquid Fuels), PIMOT (Polish Automotive Industry Institute), gazeo.pl, Auto Świat and moto.pl.
For more information on the Awards go to: www.napednowejery.pl.